Principles of iOS app design
On seeing the title if you expected to read a big essay, sorry. Here they are:
A well designed iOS app,
- is consistent in working and looks
- indicates in each screen where the user is and what he could do
- has clear and shallow navigation
- avoid using gestures as much as possible so that the user could understand it by just looking at it
- is discoverable enough so that the user can learn it by exploring it
- sticks to conventions as much as possible and overthrows it wherever required
- has controls that are large enough to be tapped without much effort
- gives clear feedback to user's actions
- feels smooth and fast
- looks professional
In short, a well designed iPhone or iPad app gives a clear picture of its working and makes the user feel on top of it.
Get notified of new posts
I write only when I really have something to say; when I do so I’ll send one email and that’s it; no spam, no bullshit.